I served them on spring mix with some diced avocado marinated in olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, and salt & pepper. The cakes are such a show stealer, they don’t need much more enhancement 😋! Option to serve with sprinkled Parmigiana as well! I also ended up baking mine at 300 for 15 minutes, because I wanted to keep them thicker, but still cooked all the way through 😊! Turned out perfect!
1 cup cold leftover Spinach Cauliflower Risotto
1 egg or Bob's Red Mill vegan egg
1/4 cup cassava flour
1 cup blanched almond flour
1/4 cup avocado oil
1. In a large bowl, mix risotto, egg, and cassava flour until well combined.
2. Form 2 Tbsp-sized balls, and flatten them into hockey puck-shaped cakes.
3. Coat the top and bottom of each cake in almond flour, and chill for at least 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat avocado oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add risotto cakes and cook until crispy, about 4-5 minutes on each side.
5. In you made a thicker cake like me, toss them in the oven at 300 for 15 minutes to fully cook through.
Serve over salad and enjoy! 💚