Made the yummiest Chocolate Snack Cake from the @plantparadox30 cookbook for Valentine’s Day tomorrow! It was so easy and soooooo decadent 🍫🍫🍫. Sometimes I can’t believe how delicious healthy cooking is! 😍🥰 I’m also the queen of taking desserts out of the oven early to get that gooey center. When this cake first came out, it was like a chocolate lava cake! Now it’s gotten nice and soft in the fridge 😊🍫 a great Valentine’s Day gift for any loved ones with a sweet tooth! ❤️
1/4 cup EVOO, plus more for greasing pan
1 cup blanched almond flour (or favorite alternative baking flour!)
2/3 cup erythritol or Swerve
1/4 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
1/2 tsp iodized sea salt
3 pastured eggs (or egg replacer for a vegan cake!)
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut cream
2 Tbsp bittersweet dark chocolate (at least 70% cacao)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8" cake tin with olive oil and set aside. I used a springform pan to get those perfect edges!
2. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, erythritol, cocoa powder, baking powder, and sea salt.
3. In another bowl, combine the eggs and coconut cream.
4. In a microwave or double boiler, melt together the chocolate, oil, and vanilla, stirring frequently. When smooth, let cool a minute, then add to the coconut cream mixture.
5. Gradually add wet ingredients to dry, whisking until you've made a smooth batter. Keep whisking 2-3 minutes until mixture becomes a little fluffy.
6. Pour into prepared cake pan, and bake for 25-35 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Let cool to room temperature before unfolding and serving. Enjoy!