Roasted Cauliflower and Walnut Dip - completely #veganand #chickpeafree ! 😍🥦 I was inspired by the recipe from @eatingwell ‘s newest cauliflower issue, and just gave it some small tweaks! It was SO delicious! Roasting a bulb of garlic with the cauliflower, and squeezing the cloves out into the dip really took it to the next level! 😍 Served with the rest of my D’Avignon radishes and carrots from #abundanceharvestgardens 🌿 and some yummy, crunchy celery from @rowbyrowefarm 😋💚
1 cup walnuts, plus more for garnish
1 small head cauliflower
3 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp EVOO, divided
2 tsp salt, divided
1 bulb garlic
1/2 cup water, as needed
1/4 cup walnut oil, plus more for garnish
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp tahini
1 Tbsp minced fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
Fresh cracked pepper to taste
1. Soak 1 cup walnuts in hot water for 2 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
3. Place cauliflower on baking sheet and drizzle with 3 Tbsp olive oil, and 3/4 tsp salt.
4. Slice the tip off of the garlic bulb, exposing the cloves. Drizzle with remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1/4 tsp salt. Wrap in foil and place on the baking sheet with the cauliflower.
5. Roast until tender, about 40 minutes, and let cool on the baking sheet.
6. Transfer the cauliflower to a food processor. Squeeze the garlic cloves out of the skins and into the food processor.
7. Drain the walnuts and add to the food processor, along with the water, walnut oil, lemon juice, tahini, parsley, remaining 1 tsp of salt, and cracked pepper.
8. Puree until smooth, adding more water if needed.
9. Transfer to a bowl and garnish with minced parsley, walnut oil, and chopped, toasted walnuts if desired. Enjoy!