Peach & Blueberry Vegan Cobbler
Making the most of the end of summer fruits with this Stone Fruit Cobbler! I can’t believe it’s almost Labor Day Weekend! 😱🥳
My sister has a sensitivity to almonds, so we made this one with only coconut flour, and it was sooooooo delicious! I truly believe nothing is better than baked fruit and a little dough. Top it with coconut whipped cream and game over!!! 😩😩😩
I hope every has a relaxing holiday, and stays safe! A lot people I’ve talked to are going somewhere (mostly Florida), so will be interesting to see what happens when the country starts traveling again. Fingers crossed!!! 🤞🏽💚
For the filling:
6 medium ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp golden monkfruit sweetener
2 tsp tapioca flour
Pinch of sea salt
For the topping:
3/4 cup coconut flour
2 Tbsp tapioca starch
1/4 cup golden monkfruit sweetener
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup coconut oil (butter-flavored if you have it) melted, and cooled to room temp
3 Tbsp coconut milk
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Toss the peaches and blueberries with the lemon juice, then remaining filling ingredients. Place the mixture in a pie/tart dish, or 2 smaller dishes.
3. Bake (the fruit mixture only) in the oven for 10 minutes. While the filling bakes, make the topping.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the coconut flour, tapioca starch, sweetener, salt, and baking powder.
5. Then, stir in the coconut oil and almond milk until a thick, crumbly batter forms.
6. After removing the filling, use your hands and crumble the batter over the fruit.
7. Return the pie to the oven, and continue to bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the filling is bubbly and the pastry top is starting to brown.
8. Allow it to cool at least 15 minutes before serving. Serve with coconut vanilla ice cream or coconut whipped cream. Makes about 8 servings. Enjoy!