Made a delicious twist on @theplantparadox Olive Oil Cake (pg. 228) for some yummy breakfast muffins! 🍰
They taste similar to pound cake, and would be a delicious base for adding in some wild blueberries, or a strawberry shortcake in the summer, #lectinfree of course!
Olive oil spray
1 3/4 cups blanched almond flour
3/4 cup xylitol
2 tsp baking powder
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 eggs, beaten
1. Grease a 12 muffin tin with olive oil.
2. Add almond flour, xylitol, and baking powder to a mixing bowl. Mix until combined.
3. Add the lemon juice, vanilla extract, olive oil, and eggs. Mix until combined.
4. Pour batter into greased muffin pan, and put in a cold oven.
5. Turn the oven on to 350 degrees, and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
6. Let the muffins cool for 5-10 minutes.
I personally love mine cold from the fridge or room temperature! Enjoy!