Wild-Caught Seafood Risotto
Still drooling over this Cauliflower Seafood Risotto last night! Garlic, white wine, and buttery scallops! It was so good! 😩💚 This is actually a modified recipe from @drstevengundry ‘s #PlantParadox30book that I hadn’t tried yet, and I’m so glad I did! 😋 I was originally inspired by a photo by @drdavinahs , and when I saw a gorgeous yellow cauliflower at the farmers market, I knew I had to try to make it! Thank you for the inspiration! 😍💛 Served with asparagus from @watsoniafarms and scallions from @rodgersgreensandroots 😍 Recipe on the blog now! 💚
1 lb wild-caught scallops or seafood of your choice (or Lion's Mane!)
1/2 of 13.5 oz can unsweetened, full fat coconut milk (save the other half for another recipe)
1/4 cup EVOO
4 shallots minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup fresh scallions, or parsley
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp paprika
2 (16-oz) packages cauliflower rice - NOT frozen, (I used 2 heads of cauliflower, pulsed in the food processor)
1/2 cup white wine (or more to taste)
1/2 cup veggie broth (or more to taste)
1/4 cup nutritional yeast, or Parmiggiano-Reggiano
1. In a large soup pot, combine olive oil, shallots, and garlic over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until shallots are tender.
2. Add salt, paprika, and lemon zest. Stir.
3. Add cauliflower rice and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until liquid evaporates completely.
4. Add the coconut milk, white wine, veggie broth, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice, and cook, stirring frequently, until risotto is thick and creamy, about 8-10 minutes.
5. Taste and add ingredients as needed. I prefer my risotto a little thicker, so will add more liquid ingredients only if I really need to. Set aside.
6. Bring a pan to medium-high heat. Pat scallops with a paper towel to remove moisture.
7. Add drizzle of olive oil to the pan and wait for it to bubble. Add scallops to the pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2-3 minutes each side, depending on the size of the scallops. Remove from heat and place on top of risotto dish.
8. Garnish with green onions or parsley, and serve with roasted vegetables. Enjoy!