Vegan Nori Wrap with Caramelized Onions
Celebrating because I found this delicious new wrap to add to my recipe inventory!!! Cauliflower & caramelized onion nori wrap, with avocado, arugula, green olives, and parsley pesto! MMMMM! 😍💚🥑🍋 This is another recipe from the #LongevityParadox and it is truly delish! I wasn’t able to find grain-free tempeh around me, and to be honest, I wasn’t really looking that hard. Something about tofu/tempeh/seitan is just really unappetizing to me 🤷🏽♀️ so I filled my wraps with veggies instead! 🥦🥬 The cauliflower is just sautéed in EVOO, and then sprinkled with salt, pepper, a squeeze of lemon, and a dash of curry powder! The caramelized onions are just red onion, salt, pepper, and EVOO. So simple, but I think so much better than meat replacements, with the same rich/smokiness of meat in the onions! 🍽 All the flavors in this recipe work really well together, especially the parsley pesto. It was very coastal Mediterranean. I think I’ll make it again for lunch tmrw! 😂
For the filling:
2 Tbsp EVOO
1 cup cauliflower
1 medium red onion, cut into rings
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
For the dipping sauce:
2 cups chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup EVOO
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
For the wraps:
1/2 avocado sliced
1 cup arugula
1 sheet nori (sushi seaweed wrap)
4 green olives, pitted and halved
1. Make the dipping sauce. Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process on high until smooth. Set aside.
2. Make the filling. Add 1 Tbsp EVOO to a saucepan on medium-high heat. Add the red onion slices, and let them cook in the oil for about 5 minutes.
3. Turn heat down to medium and let onions cook continuously for the next 20-30 minutes, stirring frequently, and being careful not to burn or dry them out. After cooking, set onions aside.
4. Add 1 Tbsp of EVOO to a saucepan on medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower cook until browned. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper for flavor. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Make the wraps. Spread arugula over left side of the seaweed sheet. Top with the cauliflower and onions. You may have enough ingredients for two wraps instead of one big one.
6. Add green olives and avocado. Option to add another squeeze of lemon, or sprinkle of salt and pepper. Carefully roll into a tight wrap, sealing the end with a little water.
7. Cut in half and serve with the parsley dipping sauce. Enjoy!