Today’s lunch was the Quorn Taco Salad 🌮🥗! I subbed out the quorn for shredded mahi in mine, but this recipe will be delicious no matter protein what you use! Want to try jackfruit next time 👀 Also, used goat cheese crumbles instead of the Nut Cheese Sauce from #PlantParadox30. I was in a hurry and forgot to soak my macadamias last night 🙈! It was still
💚 DELICIOSO 💚
For the dressing:
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
Juice of 1 lime
Zest of 1 lime
1 clove garlic, crushed or minced
1/4 cup minced cilantro
1/4 cup minced green onions
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp paprika
1. Place all ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously to combine.
2. Use immediately and stash the rest in refrigerator until needed.
For the Protein (Quorn, Mahi Mahi, Jackfruit, etc)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 bag Quorn grounds or 2 cups shredded jackfruit or 3-4 oz. Mahi Mahi
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
1. In a large sauté pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the Quorn, jackfruit, or fish, as well as cumin, paprika, black pepper, and salt.
2. Cook stirring occasionally, until hot and cooked through, about 5-10 minutes (or longer for the fish).
3. Let cool while assembling the salad. Serve.
For the salad:
2 cups spring mix
1/4 cup Taco Salad Dressing
1/4 cup guacamole (search for my recipe on the blog!)
1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
3-4 oz. cooked Quorn, jackfruit, or fish
1. Top the greens with the guacamole, goat cheese crumbles, and protein of your choice. Serve dressing on the side or mixed right in! Enjoy!