Sweet Potato Pancakes with Homemade Cranberry Jam
Updated: Apr 6, 2020
Sweet Potato Pancakes 🥞🍠 One of my all time favorites from @drstevengundry Plant Paradox Cookbook! I make a double serving of these twice a month and keep them in the fridge for a quick delicious breakfast. They’re so easy to make! 😋
They pair well with anything, but today I used someone of my homemade cranberry jam, fresh raspberries, and strawberries. Since we’ve been having such a mild winter in Georgia, strawberry season is here early! Thank you @freshharvest for mine! 🍓
Ingredients (For the Pancakes):
1 small sweet potato, baked, peeled, and mashed
4-5 drops Stevia
2 tsp unsweetened almond or coconut milk
2 pastured eggs
1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
3 Tbsp blanched almond flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Ghee or avocado oil for cooking and serving
*Tip: Bake the sweet potato an hour or more before beginning this recipe. It will need time to cool before being mixed into the other ingredients!*
1. Whisk together the sweet potato, stevia, coconut milk, and eggs until well combined.
2. Add the baking powder, almond flour, and cinnamon to the mix.
3. Heat a skillet over medium to medium-high heat and add oil. Pour 1/3 cup of pancake batter into skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip with a spatula and cook until golden brown.
4. Repeat with remaining batter and serve!
Ingredients (For the Cranberry Jam):
2 cups fresh cranberries
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener, or sweetener or your choice
Zest of 1 orange
1. In your Instant Pot, add the cranberries and water. Stir, and seal the pot.
2. Pressure cook on high for 1 minute, then let the pressure release naturally for 8-10 minutes.
3. Vent manually the rest of the way, then open lid and switch to sauté.
4. Add the sweetener and orange zest, and cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened.
5. Serve warm or refrigerate to store!