GUYS! This morning’s breakfast!!! >>>>>>>>> 😩😩😩 This is another recipe from @drstevengundry ‘s new book the Plant Paradox Family Cookbook, and it is SO GOOD! It might be the best and easiest breakfast I’ve ever made! 😭💚 INGREDIENTS: (Serves 6)
🌱 1.5 cups shredded sweet potato 🌱 1.5 cups broccoli slaw 🌱 4+ Tbsp tapioca starch, as needed 🌱 1 tsp salt 🌱 1 tsp garlic powder 🌱 1/2 tsp black pepper 🌱 @gothamgreens vegan pesto 🌱 7 pastured eggs
🌱 100% Olive oil or avocado oil cooking spray
🌱 Good quality extra-virgin olive oil The nests are so crunchy and delicious. And @gothamgreens pesto is the best around! I get mine at @wholefoods ! Don’t forget to drizzle them with your favorite olive oil! Enjoy!! 😋
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper, and spray with oil. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, broccoli slaw, and salt, and let sit for 5-10 minutes to draw out moisture.
3. Pat the vegetable mixture dry, then add the tapioca starch, garlic powder, black pepper, and 1 egg. Stir to combine.
4. Check the consistency of the mixture - it should be somewhat dry, yet cohesive enough to hold together when formed into patties or balls.
5. Divide the mixture into 6 equal-sized mounds on the prepared sheet tray, shaping them into "nests" with a hollow in the center. Spray the nests with cooking spray.
6. Place in the oven, and bake for 15-20 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and brush with the basil pesto.
8. Crack 1 egg into each of the hollows in the "nests" and return to the oven.
9. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes, depending on how you like your eggs cooked.
10. Remove from the oven, drizzle with olive oil, and serve!