Made the sweet potato and spinach curry from the #plantparadoxcookbook for lunch (pg. 141). It was SO delicious!!! Especially if you love Indian food like me 😊🍛.
Serve with either miracle, cauliflower, or Basmati rice, depending on your preference! Definitely check this recipe out!
If you don't have all the spices to make your own curry, just use 2 Tbsp curry powder instead! The flavor won't be as complex, but it will still be delicious.
3-4 tsp avocado oil
1 1/3 tsp mustard
1/3 tsp cumin seeds
1 green cardamom pod
3 whole cloves
3 minced garlic cloves
1 red onion, diced
1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/3 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp black pepper
2 cups canned coconut milk
2 cups baby spinach
Iodized sea salt to taste
1. Add 1 tsp of the avocado oil to a large stainless steel pan and heat over low heat, then add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds, and roast for about 20 seconds.
2. Add the cardamom and cloves, roast them for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
3. Remove from heat, and pulse in a spice grinder or food processor until powdery.
4. Add the remaining oil to the pan, along with the garlic and onion.
5. Sauté on medium heat until garlic and onion are golden brown, about 2-4 minutes.
6. Add the sweet potato and sauté an additional 3-4 minutes, then add the turmeric, cinnamon, and black pepper, along with the powdered spices roasted in steps 1 and 2.
7. Add the coconut milk and spinach, and let cook for 15-20 minutes, until sweet potatoes are very tender.
8. Season with salt to taste, and serve.