Spring Cauliflower with Wild Ramp pesto! So delicious and vibrant, and most importantly, easy! 😍☀️🌼 This beautiful golden cauliflower from @mcmullanfamilyfarm was like a little ball of sunshine at the market! I was soooo excited to find a local cauliflower! It’s the first one I’ve seen all spring! ☀️✨ I’d also been wanting to make the ramp pesto recipe from @food52 for a while, and thought this would be the perfect pairing! Thanks to the fresh wild ramps from #abundantharvestgardens , it turned out delish! Looking forward to using this yummy pesto all week! 😍🌿🥦
1 head cauliflower
3 Tbsp olive oil
For the pesto:
1 bunch of ramps 1/2 cup pine nuts 1/3 cup olive oil (or 1/2 cup, you kind of have to eyeball it)
Juice of 1/2 lemon 1/2 cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese (or for the vegan version, add more pine nuts and lemon juice) Sea salt & pepper to taste
For the cauliflower:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or pie pan.
2. Remove only the core from the cauliflower, leaving head intact, then place the cauliflower on baking dish core-side down.
3. Drizzle 3 Tablespoons olive oil over the top of cauliflower, and sprinkle with salt, then place baking dish in the oven.
4. Bake until tender, about 45 minutes-1 hour (check tenderness periodically). Cauliflower should appear somewhat charred. When done transfer to serving dish.
For the pesto:
1. Wash and cut off the leaves of the ramps.
2. Chop the ramps just a bit and put them in your food processor, along with the pine ntus.
3. Add the cheese, and a good dash of salt and pepper.
4. Pouring the olive oil in slowly, process contents until they combine and look, well... pesto-y.
5. Taste for seasoning and add the lemon juice. Serve over cauliflower and garnish with edible floral. Enjoy!