Updated: Feb 7, 2019
Spinach & Cauliflower Rice Risotto 😋🥬 So delicious!!! I added extra black pepper to mine for more of the #cacioepepe vibe, and only used half of the liquid ingredients so that it came out EXTRA thick! Can’t wait to make the rest into risotto cakes for my salad tomorrow! Recipe on the blog now! 🇮🇹
1/4 cup avocado oil
6 shallots roughly chopped
4 garlic cloves minced
3 cups baby spinach
2 12oz. packages cauliflower rice (I just used Whole Foods frozen organic one)
1 cup organic low sodium vegetable broth
1/2 can coconut cream (7.25 oz)
1/4 cut graded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (or nutritional yeast for vegans!)
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Salt and pepper to taste*
*I added extra pepper to mine for a more cacio e pepe style dish!
1. In a large soup pot, combine avocado oil, shallots, and garlic over medium high heat.
2. Cook, stirring frequently until shallots are tender, then add spinach.
3. When spinach is wilted, add cauliflower rice and cook, stirring frequently, until liquid evaporates completely.
4. Add broth, coconut cream, Parmesan, and lemon juice and cook, stirring until risotto is thick and creamy. This took me about 15 minutes.
5. Taste, add salt and pepper as needed, and serve.
Save any leftovers to make risotto cakes the next day! :)