Today’s lunch was the Sage and Mushroom soup in my heart-shaped bowl 😊🥣. It warmed me up on this cold day!
I kept my veggies chopped up instead of puréed. It makes soup feel more like a complete meal to me! I also only used vegetable broth instead of coconut milk. It turned out so YUMMY! 😍
Unintentional perk - my kitchen now smells like sage and rosemary 💚
Ingredients (6 servings):
3 Tbsp avocado oil
1 head cauliflower or one bag cauliflower florets, coarsely chopped
1.5 - 2 pounds variety of mushrooms, coarsely chopped
1 red onion, diced
2 celery ribs, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp fresh minced sage
1 tsp fresh thyme
Zest of 1 lemon
1 1/2 tsp iodized sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dried mustard powder
1 box organic low sodium vegetable broth
Coconut aminos to taste
1. In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower, mushrooms, onion, and celery.
2. Cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are fragrant and cauliflower is cooked through.
3. Add garlic, sage, thyme, and lemon zest, and cook, stirring frequently, until very fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add salt, pepper, and onion and mustard powders, and continue to stir 1-2 minutes, to gently toast spices.
5. Reduce heat to low and add broth.
6. Cover and let simmer 20-30 minutes, then remove from heat.
7. Taste and add salt or coconut aminos, if needed.