Finally made the #plantparadox mini bagels! And let me tell you... worth the wait!!! 🤤🤤🤤 These will definitely be a staple at our house!
I also love how they can be made vegan so easily 💚
Ingredients (11-12 mini bagels):
2 tsp plus 1/4 tsp iodized sea salt
3 cups blanched almond flour
1 cup tapioca starch (plus additional for boiled water)
2 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp monk fruit sweetener
2 Tbsp champagne or white wine vinegar
1 pastured egg or vegan egg
Toppings of choice
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place parchment paper on baking sheet and set aside.
2. Fill a 10-inch pot with about 5 inches of water and add the 1/4 tsp salt. Slowly bring water to a boil.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca starch, the remaining salt, baking powder, and monk fruit powder.
4. Before water is at full boil, remove half a cup and set aside.
5. Add the half cup of warm water to the vinegar and the dry mix. If the dough is too sticky, sprinkle lightly with more tapioca starch. If it's too dry, add a little more water.
6. Divide the dough into small balls on the baking sheet. This should make about 11-12 mini bagels.
7. Flatten each ball with your hand and mold into the shape of a bagel. Use a utensil or your finger to make a small hole in the center of each. Each finished bagel should be about 2-3 inches in diameter.
8. In groups of 3 or 4, carefully place the bagels in the boiling water.
9. Using a strainer, remove them from the water once they float to the top, or about after 1 minute. Place the bagels onto the baking sheet.
10. After boiling, bake the bagels for about 10 minutes. While they are baking, put the egg in a small bowl and whisk.
11. Remove the bagels from the oven and brush each one with the beaten egg, adding your desired toppings before moving onto the next bagel. This prevents the egg from drying before the toppings adhere.
12. Return bagels to oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until bagels are gold brown.
Cool and enjoy!