Homemade Beet Ketchup
Updated: Jul 2, 2019
Beet ketchup is waaaaaay better tasting to me than regular ketchup! Especially this homemade one! I got my beets from @crystalorganicfarmand they were so delicious and fresh! If you can’t buy them from a local farmers market, packaged is fine too. Just try and make sure they are organic! 🌿
For the beets:
1 1/2 cups beets
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1 package @lovebeets, or 1 can sliced beets
For the ketchup:
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup diced white onion
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp coriander
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
Pepper to taste (I did about 10 cracks)
Dash hot sauce, optional but delicious
*If you used canned beets, add a drizzle of olive oil*
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Wash the beets, and use a vegetable scrubber to wash the outside. Remove the stem and root end with a sharp knife. Use a vegetable peeler or paring knife to peel the beets. Slice the beets into 1/4″ thick rounds and place them in a small bowl.
3. Drizzle the olive oil over the sliced beets and then toss to combine. Place the sliced beets in a single layer on your prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
4. Roast in the oven until the beets are tender, 10-15 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
5. Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until a smooth consistency has been reached. Enjoy!