Crispy Artichokes! Love this crunchy, salty snack! As @drstevengundry said, it’s a perfect substitute for those who crave potato chips 😊🍟🧡
The artichokes and olive oil are the true stars of this dish, so don’t worry about fully coating them in too much cassava flour, just enough to soak up all the yummy oils! Serve with your favorite garlic aoli or beet ketchup.
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cups frozen and thawed artichoke hearts, quartered (rinsed canned ones are ok too!)
1/4 cup cassava flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush a sheet tray with some of the olive oil.
2. If using frozen artichokes, make sure they are thoroughly thawed. Dry artichokes in a salad spinner, then pat dry between layers of paper towels.
3. Mix together cassava flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish or bowl.
4. When artichokes are completely dry, toss in the flour mix until evenly coated (I like mine on the lighter coated side!)
5. Spread onto prepared baking sheet and drizzle with remaining olive oil all over.
6. Bake from 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Serve with favorite dipping sauce!