1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour 1/2 cup coconut flour 1/2 tsp salt + more for sprinkling
1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp xantham gum 3/4 cup room temperature grass-fed butter, or @Nutiva coconut oil butter 3/4 cup golden monk fruit sweetener 1 pastured or vegan egg 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (I used 70% dark chocolate ones from @equalexchange and they are AHmazing)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, salt, baking soda, and xantham gum, and set aside.
3. In a mixer, or in a bowl with a hand mixer, whip together the butter or oil and sweetener until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
4. Add egg and vanilla, mix for another minute.
5. Slowly add in the flour mixture to combine.
6. Add chocolate chips and fold to combine.
7. Roll dough into balls and flatten slightly on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, and bake 12-15 minutes. Let cool before serving.