Keeping my 5 Fast-Mimicking Days rolling with this delicious Cauliflower Fried Rice! It’s crazy that food can be this flavorful, and still considered fasting! 😍🍚🥦🥕 I’ve really been enjoying the #LongevityParadox recipes. They’re all light meals, but I haven’t felt hungry once, and I’ve lost 2 lbs since I started my fast days! 👏🏽😊 I’ve also felt an increase in energy. I think it’s from not using my body’s energy supplies for digesting food. All I know is, I’m very happy with how it’s going so far! 😄🥗
2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1/2 cup minced green onions, plus more for garnish
1-inch piece ginger root, peeled and minced
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms (any type, I used shiitake)
4 ribs celery, thinly sliced
1 cup broccoli florets
3 carrots, roughly chopped
4 cups cauliflower rice
2-3 Tbsp coconut aminos
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp powdered mustard
1/4 tsp black pepper
Salt to taste
1. In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion, green onions, and ginger, and cook several minutes, until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the garlic, mushrooms, celery, broccoli, and carrots, and cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables begin to char and the garlic is fragrant.
4. Add cauliflower rice and turn heat to high, stirring constantly to ensure it doesn't burn.
5. Add coconut aminos, paprika, powdered mustard, pepper, and salt.
6. Continue cooking on high heat, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower is tender but not mushy, and serve.
7. Garnish with green onion, salt, pepper, or spicy sauce of your choice!