So quick and easy! All you need are avocados, eggs, pesto, and lemon zest! I served mine with some sautéed mushrooms and it was delicious!
Ingredients (1 serving):
2 pastured eggs
1/4 cup basil pesto, store bought or homemade
Zest of one lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Make collars out of aluminum foil to sculpt the avocados into place. They must be upright during baking. I use tin foil because cooked egg is hard to scrub off the pan.
3. Cut avocado in half, remove pits, and carefully scoop out enough avocado flesh to make a "bowl" large enough to hold one egg.
4. Arrange avocado halves on the aluminum foil and carefully crack an egg into each one.
5. Spoon 1 Tbsp of pesto on top of each egg.
6. Sprinkle with lemon zest.
7. Bake 10-15 minutes (10 for over easy, 15 for over hard), until eggs are cooked to your liking.
8. Serve plain or garnish with salt, pepper, more lemon zest, or parsley.