Updated: Feb 25, 2019
Quick breakfast this morning using some of my favorite #seasonalcitrus 🍊❤️ the blood orange! Do you have a favorite citrus right now? In my bowl I used: • @so_delicious unsweetened coconut yogurt • @wonderfulpistachios • Coconut flakes and hemp hearts from @publix • Blood oranges 🍊 • And an Almond Joy muffin from the @plantparadox30 cookbook! Recipe below! As usual, they are of course #dairyfree#sugarfree and #paleo 😊💚!
1 cup blanched almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
6 Tbsp erythritol or Swerve
1 tsp baking soda
3 pastured eggs or Bob's Red Mill egg replacer
4 Tbsp avocado oil
1 7oz. package creamed coconut (I use Let's Do Organic brand)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup slivered blanched almonds
Optional* 1/2 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate (at least 72% cacao)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with papers and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, shredded coconut, erythritol, and baking soda. Whisk, and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, coconut cream, avocado oil, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry and fold until just combined. *Option to add in chocolate here as well.
5. Transfer batter to prepared muffin tin, then sprinkle the tops with slivered almonds.
6. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of each muffin comes out clean.
7. Let cool and serve!